Wednesday, July 14, 2010

First Veggie Box

Yesterday Ben and I walked over and picked up our very first veggie box from Chicago's Green Grocer at Grand & Noble. I love that place! They are pretty expensive, but have a great selection of local and vegan items, not to mention right in our neighborhood. And I don't think you can beat their veggie subscription price of $15/week.

This is what we got; all are organic except for the blueberries, which are IPM (integrated pest management).
  • Red kale (City Farm)
  • Leeks (City Farm)
  • Parsley (City Farm)
  • Cucumbers (Genesis Growers)
  • Double Blueberries (Seedling)
I'm planning on using the cucumbers and parsley with tabbouleh and hummus. I'll be using the blueberries for vegan muffins to take on our road trip this weekend (provided Ben doesn't eat them all first!). The leeks and the kale seemed like more of a mystery to me, but we figured it all out. More on that in the next post!

    No comments: